Diastasis Detective Program
Why fixing abdominal separation needs a broader approach
WHY FIXING DIASTASIS RECTI IS A WHOLE-BODY APPROACH
When fixing diastasis recti, we need to move away from spot-reducing.
It’s essential that we go south of the pubis and north of the rib cage in our efforts to fully and correctly rehabilitate someone with abdominal separation.
You’ve already learned that:
- there are a number of factors that attribute to diastasis recti
- diastasis recti doesn’t just suddenly happen – it occurs gradually, over time
- it’s not all about the abdominals – there are other elements at play
- being pregnant can attribute, but pregnancy is not the only root cause
- breathing optimally is the first step in the equation
- diastasis recti is totally fixable without surgery